|moc.ssoHotraBnull@yrneH||Henry A. Hoss graduated from Columbia Military Academy and from Tennessee Technological University with a major in accounting. After graduation, he served three years in the United States Marine Corp as a Supply-Fiscal Officer, obtaining the rank of Captain. On completion of his active military service, Mr. Hoss returned to Nashville, TN to work for an international accounting firm and earned his certificate as a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. Hoss’ long-term business career serving clients continued when he worked for a local CPA firm in Chattanooga, TN. In 1982, Henry A. Hoss & Company, CPA’s opened for business. In November 1993, his firm merged with Michael Barto & Company to form Barto, Hoss & Company, P.C. Both CPA Firms were similar in providing bookkeeping, auditing, and tax return preparation and compliance services to both individuals and businesses. Mr. Hoss’ career includes industries such as non-profits, municipalities, utilities, manufacturing, retail, fuel distributorships and professional groups such as law firms and medical groups. He has worked with business start-ups and acquisitions, as well as negotiated loan agreements. He has served as accountant for the debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, expert witness in business valuation, consultant in dispute resolution matters and divorce litigation and appointed by the Chancery Court of Hamilton County to be conservator to individuals. In addition to tax preparation and compliance, he also represents individuals who have significant Federal and State tax problems; i.e. compliance and/or collection. He also serves as advisor to a number of high-income individuals.
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past chairperson of the TSCPA State Tax Committee (5 years)
- Current member and past chairperson of the TSCPA Federal Tax Committee (5 years)
- Past TSCPA board member, Secretary, and Vice-President
- Past chapter President and chapter board member
- Past chapter representative to the TSCPA State Council
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chattanooga Tax Practitioners
- Chattanooga Estate Planning Council
- Treasurer of the Ronald McDonald House for more than 20 years
- Appointed by Governor Haslam to the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy for three year term from 2012-2015
- Member and past President of Chattanooga Downtown Lions Club
- Member and past President of Brainerd Lions Club
- Past Chairman of Hamilton County Water and Wastewater Treatment Authority
- Trustee of the Tennessee Technological University Business School Foundation
- Accounting Advisory Board for University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, School of Business
- Accounting Advisory Board for Tennessee Technological University,School of Business
- Past Treasurer of the Hamilton County Republican Party
- Current Treasurer for Todd Gardenhire for Senate, Bill Cox, Attorney General, and Jim Hammonds, Sheriff
Mr. Hoss attends Rock Point Community Church. He is married to the former Patricia Campbell of Athens, Tennessee, and they have one son, Bryan, who is an attorney. They reside in East Brainerd.
Keep Up With Us